Re: xtables-addons ACCOUNT - userspace

Hello Vlado,

I'm glad you find it useful, like me.

I've originally submitted my ports of

  xt_ACCOUNT ( _including_ the userspace iptaccount tool )
  xt_pknock ( with improved functionality over ipt_pknock 0.5 )
  xt_stealth

for inclusion to xtables-addons (Xt-a) few weeks ago. So far Jan Engelhardt, its maintainer, has added just the kernel part of ACCOUNT
to Xt-a, perhaps due to lack of time and becouse he probably didnt want
to delay release of Xt-a 1.18 .

You may try to ask him about the current status of adding iptaccount
as well as the other modules I "ported" (I'm looking forward to this too).

From what I know the troublesome part is that I didnt do the ports
in git, so he will need to pluck apart all my changes and stuff it
into git as separate commits. (Next time - if there will be such time
- I wont make this mistake again).

In the meantime, you may find the patch against Xt-a 1.17 containing
all the three above at:

    ftp://ftp.unob.cz/pub/linux/patches/xtables-addons/

, and each of these in a form of separate patches against Xt-a 1.17 here:

    http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg10340.html

Best regards,

Jan