[nftables] optimization steps before rules get send to the kernel

Hi,

from the nftables announcement:

> Redundant information might get lost before it is sent to the kernel,
> but both the kernel and the reconstructed ruleset are semantically
> equivalent.

As I'm currently not aware of a possibility to dump the actual rules
currently used by the kernel, to investigate this myself, I would have
another question:

Does the optimization which removes redundant information also remove
entire redundant rules or redundant checks within rules?

example:

ip saddr 1.1.1.1 tcp dport 22 accept
tcp dport 22 accept

would become
tcp dport 22 accept

tcp sport 0-65535 tcp dport 80 accept
would become
tcp dport 80 accept

if not: is something like this planed for the future or will the
stupidity of big rulesets never be removed by nftables? ;)

thanks,
Christoph