Re: iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -j DNAT ... checksum incorrect

On Wednesday 2009-08-05 14:53, Giacomo wrote:

>Hi to all.
>
>With the rule
>

>iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp -j DNAT -d 151.8.71.28
>--to-destination 140.105.5.88:8080
>

>I see the GET http request with checksum incorrect (on the wireshark
>traffic analyzer):

Normally the checksum should be recalculated at the same time
the NAT transformation is applied, but I think there is also
a way where this might not happen - TSO, GSO or hardware
checksumming, or something.
If that is the case, skb->checksum should be containing an
approprivate value (CHECKSUM_NONE/CHECKSUM_UNNECESSARY/etc.)
Best is: try to printk skb->checksum. (was it skb->csum?)