Re: netfilter 01/03: nf_conntrack_tcp: decrease timeouts while data in unacknowledged

Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:
This patch kills long living ftp transfers from one of my hosts. I'm not able to transfer large files if it takes more than net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_unacknowledged seconds.

After logging to the remote host and issuing any FTP command (ls or put/get for example) tuple's timeout is reduced. Additional commands are able to bump it but only upto net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_unacknowledged.

It seems that IP_CT_TCP_FLAG_DATA_UNACKNOWLEDGED flag is never cleard.

Tested on 2.6.28.10.

Interesting, are you using the FTP NAT helper?

I'm guessing there is some bad interaction between sequence number
adjustments when changing the packet sizes and sequence number
tracking in conntrack.