Re: [resend] Passive OS fingerprint xtables match.

Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 01:53:05PM +0200, Patrick McHardy (kaber@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
That's hard - there is no hook number in the match function, so we do
not really know if it is forward, input or prerouting.
This is really needed, spamming the ring buffer is not a good option.

I'd say just add the hook number to xt_match_param. Its a bit
inconsistent anyways that we're handing it to checkentry for
validation, but not to the match function.

Doesn't checkentry receive a mask of all possible hooks? There is still
no per-packet hook number. Although we can always use INPUT hook since
its the most widely used one. And drop a comment about this abuse.

Thats not what I meant. struct xt_match_param is passed to the
->match() callbacks from *t_do_table(). This is where you can
add the real hook number to have it available in ->match().

(Forgot to mention earlier: please in a seperate patch and adjusting
 all *tables copies)