Re: flow start_time

Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Patrick McHardy wrote:
>> How are you going to log the data of a connection thats removed
>> from the conntrack tables without using netlink? If you're using
>> netlink, you can generate a time stamp when you receive a NEW
>> event.
>
> In case either "new" or "remove" event is missing now, that connection
> can't be logged properly, because we don't see some part of the
> info in either of the two cases.
>
> For nowadays tools, in case we've seen "new" but not "remove" event,
> that connection will be in our hash table sorta forever (ok, till
> restart).  Which is, I think, worse than not logging it at all (it
> will not be logged anyway).
>
> Basically, I don't see such a case (lost "remove" event) as valid.

I have a couple of patches here that I'm still working on it here to
avoid "remove" event loss. It should be ready for review once the
nf-next-2.6 tree is open.

To know when a flow starts and avoid the problem of "new" event loss. I
think that we can still add a conntrack extension to store the start
time. I think that's enough, right?

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers