Re: IMQ bug: kernel reboot immediately

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Y. D. wrote:

> Is IMQ still maintained? I am using IMQ to shape ingress traffic.
> But the application is a streaming server (VLC). However, the kernel
> reboots immediately as quick as can hardly been seen what is
> wrong with it.

wrong list i guess :)
latest working patches that were posted on imq-list are available here:
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~jukivili/imq/

i know that esp. netdev (sorry, i'm not subscribed there)
folks don't like imq so much,
but because documentation for ifb and related stuff really sucks
(for users) a lot of people stick to imq, even if ifb might
be a better solution, technically
[really, for all (a)dsl users it's no alternative, yet]

but... if anyone wants to have a look at that patches, give some
(constructive) feedback, you're welcome
i'll forward them to imq list, if you like

=;p/ud aka nerdpunk

--
gpg-key #C3B04767