Re: IMQ bug: kernel reboot immediately

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2009-04-23 12:20, Patrick McHardy wrote:

Is IMQ still maintained? I am using IMQ to shape ingress traffic.
But the application is a streaming server (VLC). However, the kernel
reboots immediately as quick as can hardly been seen what is
wrong with it.

Any help with this kinda problem?
IMQ isn't a part of kernel/netfilter, so you should try at its own
site/mailing list.
I'd rather suggest to get rid of it and use ifb, AFAIK there hasn't
been a single version in all those years that didn't cause this kind
of problems.

I'd rather point out that ifb does not seem to be able to do all of what IMQ can, up to the point where it is believed in the public that ifb is practically useless.

I'm aware of those claims, but not of the details. If this is true,
people should raise those issues and help resolve them. I wouldn't
hold my breath waiting for IMQ to get fixed.