Buffering and libnetfilter

Hello,

I am currently working a small user space program that queues packets
sent from kernel space and after a while passes them "back" to the
kernel. However, when the bandwidth is high, there seems to be some
buffer-problems. Suddenly my application stops receiving packets from
netlink and no packets get through.

First I thought it might be that I have exceeded the allowed queue
length, but that is not the case. The id of the last received packet
is well below 1024. Does anyone know what might be wrong or have any
tips? Also, is it possible to adjust netfilter's buffersize?

-Kristian