Re: nftables-goes-automake patch series

On Wednesday 2009-03-25 15:33, Patrick McHardy wrote:

>>> About automake - I'm glad you're fixing up the makefiles, but I'm
>>> quite attached to the silent build and the automake version that
>>> comes with Debian unstable is 1.10, so I assume it won't be
>>> silent anymore.
>>
>> I do have a patch for 1.10 too, if you need.
>
> I don't really want to compile my own automake. Can't we just keep
> the silent build in combination with automake?

I am afraid I am not aware of any Makefile construct that would allow us
to have such (i.e. silent-by-default, and enabled with V=1) without
having to override the .c.o rules automake would normally provide.
Overriding $(CC) is not going to work.

> I'm fine with doing
> the final conversion once that version of automake is commonly
> available in distributions.

<placeholder for sarcastic note about age of packages outside sid>

>>> It also doesn't build anymore on my system, the
>>> parser.h file is not generated:

>>> scanner.l:23:20: Fehler: parser.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>>> <stdout>:1395: Fehler: expected specifier-qualifier-list before »YYSTYPE«
>>> before
>>> »*« token...
>>
>> Maybe you need a distclean? Are you sure you are on commit
>> v0.01-alpha1-23-g85bf078?
>
> I tried both pulling your tree into mine, as well as a fresh clone of
> your tree. Let me know if you need more information.

Tar up the entire nft tree (i.e. with all the autogenerated code) after
the compiler errored out and send it over (private, no need to burden
the list), please.