Re: [ANNOUNCE]: First release of nftables

On 2009/03/18 09:28, Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The rule snippets under tests/ pretty much all use obsolete syntax,
> so I'm attaching a test script (which doesn't make much sense, just
> testing features) so people can get a feeling for the syntax.

Interesting, that looks very much like ferm's syntax:

 http://ferm.foo-projects.org/
 http://ferm.foo-projects.org/download/examples/webserver.ferm
 http://ferm.foo-projects.org/download/examples/dsl_router.ferm

(ferm is a popular frontend for iptables, developed in 2000 by Auke
Kok; I took over maintainership a few years ago)

Good to see this is finally adopted by core netfilter tools!

Max