Re: Passive OS fingerprint xtables match.

Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
Hi Pablo.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:54:21AM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso (pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Fingerprint matching rules can be downloaded from OpenBSD source tree
and loaded via netlink connector into the kernel via special util found
in archive. It will also listen for events about matching packets.
I like this feature. We have nfnetlink so I don't see why we should use
the netlink connector instead.

I fully agree.

OSF exists about 6 years already, netlink configuration was added in
2005, I do not remember if nfnetlink existed those days (IIRC it did
not, since I reused ULOG netlink first), right now I just cleanup
what was written before.

We do have nfnetlink today however, so this argument does no longer
apply. I don't mind the order in which things are fixed up of course,
but before merging, it needs to be converted to nfnetlink.