Re: (pull) pending patches

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Monday 2009-03-16 14:39, Patrick McHardy wrote:

We used to have ip_nat_range(_compat) for compatibility for that reason
IIRC. The kernel doesn't need anymore, so I think userspace should carry
a copy as long as ipt_SAME is still supported.

But that only makes it harder to keep files in sync :-/

There is nothing to keep in sync, ipt_SAME doesn't exist in the kernel
anymore. And a structure kept purely to maintain compatibility with old
kernels will obviously never change.