Re: -m state is not working.

Hi,

On Tue February 10 2009, Husnu Demir wrote:
> Yes,
>
> I forgat to add that support :) But xt_state should not be seen if
> nf_conntrack_ipv4 is not selected on the kernel config. It is useless
> without nf_conntrack_ipv4 support.

Well, xt_state doesn't depends on nf_conntrack_ipv4, it can also be use
nf_conntrack_ipv6 or any other module you write yourself. The thing is that
without nf_conntrack_ipv4 (or *_ipv6), it uses nf_conntrack_l3proto_generic,
which won't be tracked, because get_l4proto(...) returns -NF_ACCEPT.

Maybe it would be nice to return NF_ACCEPT,  and then handle it with the
generic layer 4 protocol handler. (set *protonum = 255 and let *dataoff
unchanged)

Just a little suggestion.

Have a nice day.

--