Re: How can i leave a packet to continue the iptables ruleset checking?

Hi,

Le jeudi 01 janvier 2009 à 21:55 +0100, ilninno a écrit :
> Hello! I have some problems with netfilter_queue:
>
> I created a queue and registered my c program, when a packet matchs
> with the iptables rules my code get the event. i usually return
> NF_ACCEPT and NF_DROP, but sometimes i need to leave the packet to
> continue with iptables rules checking, i tried with:
>
> How can i leave the packet to continue in iptables ruleset without
> beginning again?  Thanks for your time.

You really can't. The only known workaround is to send the NF_REPEAT
verdict and mark the packet. The mark can then be used to "jump" to the
correct rule.

This is not really nice but it works.

I've recently cooked a patch for snort-inline using this method:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1228209364-7798-1-git-send-email-eric%40inl.fr&forum_name=snort-inline-users

The method seems to work quiet well but it may not be suitable for more
complex cases.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <eric@xxxxxx>