L2 NAT

Hi,

After having a lot of help of Grant Taylor in order to analyze if I
was able to achieve my idea using the available iptables features, and
getting as result the fact that I had to develop my own kernel module.
I'm writing to this list because my question is related to the linux
kernel programing.

I would like to pass parameters to the kernel module in run time from
user space. These parameters could be IP address and MAC. Somebody
know how I can do this??

I was thinking about passing this parameters thorough a sysctl syscall
or using /proc filesystem, but I beleave that this is not the correct
way.

Also I was taking a look to iptables source code and analyzing the
source code of iptables and libiptc lib, but I could not find any clue
how to these ones change the kernel parameters.

Could you pleas help me???

thanks!