commit 3430170eca6bf73b590ddbd1a1ee0573862ff555
Author: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Wed Nov 26 17:13:57 2008 +0100

libiptc: guard chain index allocation for different malloc implementations

Some libc implementations such as µClibc return NULL on malloc(0).
They are free to do that per C standard.

Applied, thanks.

That behaviour is a bit stupid in my opinion though, it puts the burden
on every caller using dynamically calculated sizes. I would expect more
things to break from this.