Re: ip_conntrack_ftp messages

Rusty Russell wrote:
On Monday 24 November 2008 10:43:19 Shane Goulden wrote:
2.6.18-92.1.10.el5xen

FTP is working. Is there a way to easily silence the messages?

Not that I am aware of. Perhaps that printk (still there in latest kernels) should be downgraded to a DEBUG?

		if (net_ratelimit())
			printk("conntrack_ftp: partial %s %u+%u\n",
			       search[dir][i].pattern,
			       ntohl(th->seq), datalen);

Its strange that FTP is apparently working since we drop those packets.
I'm not sure about downgrading that message, its there to inform the
user of an exceptional action (dropping of packets within conntrack).

Shane, how do you trigger those messages?