Re: nf-next-2.6.git tree updated

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Sunday 2008-10-05 09:02, Patrick McHardy wrote:
Patrick McHardy wrote:
I've uploaded my current tree containing the patches applied during
the netfilter workshop to kernel.org. It should show up on the public
servers shortly.
One note - since I'm using stacked git and had to clean up a bit
of the history, the tree has to be recloned. Sorry about that,
I'll try to reduce this in the future and will add a warning in
case it happens.

Just declare the tree as "may change anytime without notice".
linux-next is just the same, as is my git.medozas.de/linux. As long
as people are aware, they write their history accordingly (i.e. not
using merge points) and hence can use rebase.

Yes, but its more complicated and I would like to provide a more
stable base since at some point patches have to be diffed against
my tree. Dave's net trees are very good at this and the extra
effort really pays of for the consumers of them.