Re: Netfilter development project

Andy Loukes wrote:
> My company needs to develop two netfilter applications.
>
> First a simple daemon which listens on a tcp socket for messages which
> inform it to add or remove specific iptables rules. It needs to be
> secure, very high performance and deal with multiple concurrent
> requests. We currently use iptables rules, but when I get time I'm going
> to try out using IPSet as it seems more appropriate.

I don't know if there exists something similar so far, but it should not
be hard to implement this.

> Second an accounting daemon, it needs to connect to another server using
> a to-be-defined protocol to update the packet and byte counts, in and
> out per source ip address.

I can extend ulogd [1] or the conntrack-tools [2] to do this, it should
not be hard either. Probably your company can sponsor this extension. We
can discuss the details in private.

[1] http://www.netfilter.org/projects/ulogd/index.html
[2] http://conntrack-tools.netfilter.org

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers