Re: Invalid size of target

On Tuesday 2008-07-15 14:47, Kevin Sookocheff wrote:

>Great, that worked wonderfully!
>
>So, just out of curiosity and for completeness, do you know why this
>error would present itself only on SMP kernels?  I'm presuming it has
>something to do with what version of IPTables is compiled in the
>kernel.

The kernel-level iptables component has no version number (it uses
the kernel version). For best interoperability (and chance to get an
answer to a bugreport), 2.6.18 or any kernel more recent than that,
specifically its latest stable versions, and userspace
iptables >= 1.4.1.1 are strongly recommended.