Re: Patches solving the same issue!?

Oops, sorry about that, I did notice your initial
set of speed up patches (that's why I was enthusiastically playing
around with large rule sets and became aware of the issue
in the first place), but evidently I didn't follow the
related thread very closely.

I am not familiar enough with the iptables code to decide
whether or not chains are always sorted by name in the kernel,
and thus will be sorted if you read them back, but if that's
the case, of course your method is better, as long as that's
always the case...

To be honest, I didn't really understand the chain_index code ;)