Re: [netfilter-core] 1.3.6 and newer disallows IP ADDRESS argument to REDIRECT

Please post questions like this to netfilter-devel.

mikemcquen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
why?
There is no longer a mechanism for doing this:

iptables -t -nat -A PREROUTING -i  eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to 1.1.1.1

I just replaced a bunch of proxy machines and my config no longer works!

This was never supported, REDIRECT always choses the
first IP from the incoming device.

My guess is that you either used DNAT before or the
argument parser used to be less strict and ignored
unknown arguments.