Re: Oops in nf_nat_core.c:find_appropriate_src(), kernel 2.6.25.4

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Patrick McHardy wrote:
<CUT>

As you can see we still check if nat->ct is NULL here. So, or the check is now unnecessary, or it is still possible that nat->ct may become NULL. If the second statement is true than we may need to check ct before calling same_src in the find_appropriate_src function.

No, the nf_nat_cleanup_nat function can be called for a NAT extension
that isn't in the hash yet (and thus has nat->ct == NULL) when the
nf_conntrack_alter_reply() call in nf_nat_setup_info() allocates a
helper extension and need to realloc the NAT extension space.

OK, thank you for the explanation.

Best regards,

				Krzysztof Olędzki