Re: iptables version defines

On Friday 2008-05-30 12:06, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
>Hi Krzysztof,
>
>On Friday, 30. May 2008 11:56:28 you wrote:
>> > #ifdef _XTABLES_H
>> > init(struct xt_entry_target *t)
>> > #else
>> > init(struct ipt_entry_target *t, unsigned int *nfcache)
>> > #endif

Woah this is ridiculously ugly. (Remember, such constructs were
just eliminated from the kernel in the past years.)

There is Xtables-addons which provides enough glue so that there is no reason
to play dirty preprocessor tricks like these. xt-a uses a technique where an
extra backwards-API layer is in place that translates the API (mostly
parameter shuffling, etc) in an IMHO perfect fashion.

That's for the kernel part; the same applies to the iptables glue --
of which there is not any yet, because 1.4.0.77 is the minimum required
version because of the newly exported xtables.h, and I had to start
*somewhere*. My suggestion that you follow up on it ;-)