Re: [0/3] conntrack event kernel issues

Fabian Hugelshofer wrote:
Hi,

I plan to use netfilter conntrack events to count the number of
connections which timed out without having received a reply. To make
this as efficient as possible I only want to monitor destroy events. I
have noticed three issues with that and wrote patches to solve them.
They follow in separate mails.

Please let me know what you think about them and if they could be useful
for other people as well.

patch1: export ct->status on all conntrack events
patch2: set SEEN_REPLY before destroying a conntrack on TCP RST
patch3: new status flag SEEN_RELATED

I can't imagine other uses for this than the one you described,
especially for 2 and 3. Patch 3 also adds code in a hot path,
so unless someone can present good arguments in favour of these
patches, I don't really want to apply them.