Re: Bug in bridge or netfilter code (REJECT + incorrect MAC)?

Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Wednesday 2008-04-02 13:06, Patrick McHardy wrote:

 The router is my ISP's internet router, which I do not
 control. But I doubt the router is doing anything wrong
 though. The weirdness is more on the Linux side..

Sure, for full transparency the packets should ideally use
the original source MAC address. I'll see if I can come
up with a patch for this.

The problem is an interesting one. REJECT itself does not fill
in the MAC address, and probably should not try (there is more
than just Ethernet). Yet the routing code is so deeply buried
that drawing a seam through the entire call chain seems intrusive.
</random thoughts>

Well, I didn't find a good way to fix this. Casper,
please open a bug report at bugzilla.netfilter.org
so this doesn't get lost. Thanks.