Re: Updated geoip patchlet for iptables 1.4.0 / 2.6.24.3

On Mar 13 2008 09:43, Samuel Jean wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  On Mar 13 2008 09:01, Samuel Jean wrote:
>>  >Would you mind to send a patch to Patrick about this ?
>>
>>  I am not sure whether this would go into mainline kernel.
>
>Uhm.. I don't think it will ever go into mainline, geoip is
>fully dependant on 3rd parties databases.

Is the db redistributable; what does the license say?

BTW, geoip.c is coded like checkentry() could be called twice
without a destroy in between -- how is this possible anyway?

        /*
         * If info->refcount is not NULL, then it means that checkentry()
         * already initialized this entry. Increase a refcount to prevent
         * destroy() of this entry.
         */