Re: xtables-1.5.2 not working

On Mar 5 2008 10:37, Filippo Zangheri wrote:

>Now, all attempts to set an iptables rule fail with either
>segmentation fault:
>
>filippo@master:~/repos/xtables-dev$ sudo /usr/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
>Segmentation fault
>filippo@master:~/repos/xtables-dev$ dmesg
>iptables[19575]: segfault at 00000000 eip 0804d1b0 esp bfa585b0 error 6

Thanks for the report!
I fixed this in 3474f7db.. (master); find_match was incorrectly called
when we tried to load libxt_standard (a target actually).

>iptables-restore v1.5.2: Couldn't load target
>`standard':/usr/libexec/xtables/libipt_standard.so: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>Well, that's normal - there's no such library - so after issuing:

Internally it tries libxt_<foo> beforehand. Only if that does not
exist, it will skip to libipt_<foo> and then report an error.
But *if* libxt_<foo> exists, it will print the appropriate dlopen
error message — it just did not happen in this case because the
dlopen succeeded while the line after it did not.
So this message was a result of the previous wronglet.

thanks,
Jan