TC interface

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to interface with the kernel's
qos structires. I've found libiptc HOWTO - but it's very
outdated and provides only IPTABLES manipulation, not
traffic scheduler. Could anyone please advice, if there is
a C library, which provides an abstraction for easier
manipulation with kernel internals to not use "tc"
and "iptables"?

Best regards to everyone,
Anton.
-