Re: [ULOGD RFC 00/30] [ULOGD RFC] ulogd V2 improvements, round #1

Patrick McHardy wrote:

Thanks for sending these patches Holger, I'll try to review all of them
tommorrow. Just for my understanding since the ones I already looked at
look like I could merge them immediately, do you want me to already
commit them or is this really just meant to gather comments?

Hi Patrick,

most of the code in those patches is quite an improvement, so there is IMO not much concern integrating those changes, as they change code which was sometimes not even working. I was more thinking about presentation of those patches, which would eventually make it easier for others to understand all the motivation behind those changes.

My initial round of patches was more than 60 or so, what you see here is just a distillation of all those. Some of those changes were quite small, which maybe let me think that this distillation would be helpfull in the end to just reduce the number of patches.

Of course, if you are fine even with the larger patches feel free to commit them. Just remember that most of these patches are strongly in-order, you have to commit them in the same order.

Thanks.  /holger

-