Re: xt_RAWNAT target idea

On Jan 14 2008 10:53, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> But adding a new chain to the raw table is a high price, every new
> netfilter hooks costs quite a bit of performance. Why not simply do
> this in the mangle table? That will also make rerouting in OUTPUT
> work as a side effect.

I think the issue that I tried to outrun was that if I mangle the
address in NF_IP_PRI_MANGLE, then IP_NF_PRI_CONNTRACK_HELPER and
IP_NF_PRI_CONNTRACK_CONFIRM gets confused because I change the
address after NF_IP_PRI_CONNTRACK.

IOW: conntrack sees the packet, I mangle it in mangle,
and then the other conntrack hooks get confused.
That is why I thought I need some hook after
NF_IP_PRI_CONNTRACK_CONFIRM.
-