Re: Quota on SMP AGAIN

Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Patrick McHardy wrote:
<CUT>
And my bigtime question would be: where is the other counter actually? struct xt_quota_info only has one counter! Does netfilter secretly allocate matchinfos per-cpu?

Not secretly, but yes, the entire ruleset exists once per CPU. That
also seems to be the problem, at the time the master idea was thought
of we always dumped entries from CPU 0, today its from the current
CPU, but the only one that actually has correct counters is CPU 0.

What happens when CPU#0 is disabled (CPU hotplug)?

Nothing, its simply unused except for counter synchronization and
the ->master thing this thread is about.
-