netfilter_queue doesn't seem to be queueing any packets.

I tried running the test code that is included in the utils/
directory.  It runs and then stalls where it is supposed to be
receiving packets to queue.  I am wondering if there is something I'm
missing.  Currently my machine is just on my private network. It is
NOT setup as a router, the traffic that I thought I would see would be
simple http packets from visiting web pages.  However, it doesn't see
to get any packets of any sort.  Am I missing something?  Do I need to
somehow setup netfilter to intercept the packets and then queue them
for my userspace program?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
-Dom
-