Re: CONFIG_NETFILTER_ADVANCED

On Nov 17 2007 17:08, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Patrick McHardy wrote:
>> >

>> > I agree. It would be useful if some users of a distribution that
>> > includes a firewall script could check which modules it requires.
>> >

>> All right.
>> Here is the fairly common shorewall 3.4's default dependencies as taken from
>> /usr/share/shorewall/modules .
>> These are not likely to change per-system without a clueful administrator.
>
> This looks like basically everything. What I'm looking for is a list of

The problem is: you never know when they gonna change it!

> modules required for the firewall scripts included in SuSE, RH, ...

SUSE:

DNAT LOG MARK MASQUERADE REDIRECT REJECT TCPMSS esp
icmp icmpv6 limit pkttype policy
state tcp udp

But - surprise, surprise - it allows to load a file of custom rules,
so that basically means {ipt,ip6t,xt}_*, aka allmodconfig, like I said!
:)
-