Re: Implementation of Ebtables target similar to QUEUE

Abhinav Srivastava wrote:
Hi Patrick,

I tried to do what you said but some how could not
achieve it and since project deadlines are so pressing
I would like to achieve the same thing but from the
user space.

Inside the ebtables code, I intercept packets and send
it to userspace application, which decides whether to
accept the packet or drop it and re-inject it to the
network. I heard it can be done for iptables but can
it be done for ebtables?

I saw libipq which provides you functionality of
reinjecting the packets into ipfilters ip queue.

I would like to reinject the packet to ebtable
filtering code or if not then directly out to the
interface if I decide packet is to be accepted. Please
let me know if this deisgn is possible. I also ok with
passing the packet using libipq to ipfilters as long
as they can send the packet out to network. I just
want to achieve the complete design with minimum
hassle because of deadline.

I would really appreciate your help.

Well, the iptables queuing depends on exactly the QUEUE
functionality I described, you'll need to add this to
the briding code, otherwise it won't work.
-