Re: [netfilter-core] Mangle table rules are not taken into account in preliminary routing decision

Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Patrick McHardy a écrit :
>>
>> Ah, I see the problem. The route returns unreachable, which
>> iptable_mangle translates to NF_DROP. The problem is that
>> netfilter itself can't return ENETUNREACH and there is no
>> valid output function attached to the dst_entry that would
>> send an icmp unreachable. I think the only thing you could
>> do is manually call icmp_send(ICMP_DEST_UNREACH) in
>> ip_route_me_harder for this case.
>
> What about the REJECT target ?
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but REJECT target is only valid in filter
table. But the
packet does not reach filter table because of reasons described by
Patric (as we DROP
it after mangle). It is clearly observed by me when I insert LOG into
filter table.
-