Re: [RFC] TCPOPTSTRIP target (iptables)

On Oct 6 2007 16:10, Sven Schnelle wrote:

>Thanks. I've added only a few options, so this list may still be
>extensible ;-)

Well, with md5, it is complete for now. I have gone through net/tcp.h, which is
how I even found TCPOPT_MD5 (though, I knew of the existence of MD5 signatures
for network streams beforehand).

>I've changed the code in the meantime so that names could be specified
>inside the --strip-options argument list, instead of having extra
>options for every tcp option, this makes code smaller, and it is even
>simpler to add new names.

Very good.

>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
>  0     0 TCPOPTSTRIP  tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           tcp flags:0x17/0x02 TCPOPTSTRIP options wscale,77

I added support for numeric printing (e.g. iptables -nvL),
so that it shows 3,77 (as requested by -n) instead of wscale,77,
making it behave like the other iptables modules like xt_tcpudp.

I have chosen to always use numeric output for tcpoptstrip_save,
_unlike_ xt_tcpudp, which always uses symbolic names.

Patches following.
-