Re: Netfilter callbacks and UDP fragmenting

Hi,

On h, okt 01, 2007 at 01:23:40 +0200, Tomas Mandys wrote:
> are UDP packets defragmented before are passed to netfilter callback
> functions (e.g. PREROUTING) or developer has to create buffer and
> defragment by himself, to release memory when a fragment is missing,
> etc. - is there a working implementation/example? How about locally
> generated packets in OUTPUT callback?
>
> I've looked e.g. in nf_conntrack_sip.c and I can't see any extra
> defragmentation code even SIP message can be fragmented, especially SDP
> content.

Netfilter IPv4 connection tracking code defragments all IPv4 datagrams
before processing them. So if you have connection tracking loaded you
won't see fragments in your hook functions. If there's a chance that your
code will be used without connection tracking then you'll have to handle
fragments by yourself.

--
KOVACS Krisztian
-