Re: remarkably Increase iptables' speed on SMP system.

Dear Everyone,

OK, I will send you the patch soon. I have though that a loadable module should be much better
than kernel patch, because you don't need to compile and rebuild the kernel.

The packet re-ordering can be avoided by hash CPU based on a simple and quick formula

cpu = iph->saddr + iph->daddr + skb->h.th->source + skb->h.th->dest. (for TCP).

so you can see, one TCP connection is always dispatched to one cpu.
This is a CONNTRACK similar issue, but we don't need that complicated as connection tracking,
a simple hash should be enough.

As I said in previous email, we have not considered reordering issue for other protocols
, such as UDP(snat), GRE, etc.

The key is to to hash a cpu(0 to nr_cpus) based on packet. it should be simple and quick hash.

John Ye