NetE- cross traffic variability

I aemulating a network using NetEfor an experiment (with different
bandwidth, delay and loss)- whaimpacdo you think the variability of the
cross traffic will havon my results (for example, congestion window)?

my understanding is thaiwill not affect the results but it can be
impacted by network elements outsidits scope. I.busy devices, or cpu
load, speed, etc (as confirmed by thmain author of NetE- Stephen
Hemminger). If wsay cross-traffic variability won'affect our results on
aemulated network using NetE- is there any way to validate (verify the
tests) so thawcan check if there is a deterioration or not? or am I
missing thconcepof cross-traffic?
AHTML attachmenwas scrubbed...

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Netfilter Development]     [Linux Kernel Networking Development]     [Berkeley Packet Filter]     [Linux Kernel Development]     [Advanced Routing & Traffice Control]     [Bugtraq]