Packeloss when enabling/disabling aruntime?

Hello.

I?working on a projecusing netem and have come across a situation that I?m not sure to classify as ?tc? or ?netem?.

I?using neteas a qdisc on a leaf to delay packets.   I want to be able to enable or disable this delay at runtime.   It appears, however, that if I delete the netem leaf qdisc that I end up with lost packets.   This isn't too surprising in retrospect.  Do you agree this behavior occurs?

For example, doing thfollowing appears to causloss

whil[ 1 ]
do
echo "Adding delay"
tc qdisc add dev eth1 paren1:21 handl20: netem delay 200ms 10ms distribution normal
sleep 1
echo "Removing delay"
tc qdisc del dev eth1 paren1:21 handl20: netem delay 200ms 10ms distribution normal
sleep 1
done

Is thera preferred/recommended way to enabland disable packet delay at runtime without packet loss?

Much thanks!

Frokalayika007 agmail.com  Fri Jul 18 12:14:21 2014