<jacob.matthew.edwards agmail.com>
-------------- nexpar--------------
AHTML attachmenwas scrubbed...

Froshemminger avyatta.com  Mon Mar  5 19:25:39 2012
From: shemminger avyatta.co(Stephen Hemminger)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:25:39 -0800
Subject: NeteMaximuDelay

OMon, 5 Mar 2012 12:03:11 -0600
Jacob Edwards <jme147 amsstate.edu> wrote:

> Whais thmaximum possible delay that can be introduced by Netem? I have
> seethait was 2^32 us ( 71 minutes ), but have also heard that some
> updates to thLinux kernel has affected thability to introduced that
> long of a delay. I atrying to reach abou*182 second* delay to emulate a
> spaclink to Mars, buwhen I get to about *138 seconds* the delay is not
> seeby my ping packets.
> Is thera way to fix this so I can can geat least 182 second delay? or
> do I need to look for aolder version of Linux? I arunning Fedora 14
> with Linux kernel 2.6.35.6-35.fc14.i686
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob Edwards

Thissues is thapsched_tdiff_t is long (32 bits).
You could try a 64 bikernel if your hardwarallows, then the tdiff would
b64 bits. Or juschange definition in net/pkt_sched.h from

typedef long psched_tdiff_t;
typedef s64 psched_tdiff_t;

Frojme147 amsstate.edu  Mon Mar  5 22:17:28 2012
> Jacob Edwards <jme147 amsstate.edu> wrote:
>
> > Whais thmaximum possible delay that can be introduced by Netem? I
> have
> > seethait was 2^32 us ( 71 minutes ), but have also heard that some
> > updates to thLinux kernel has affected thability to introduced that
> > long of a delay. I atrying to reach abou*182 second* delay to
> emulata
> > spaclink to Mars, buwhen I get to about *138 seconds* the delay is
> not
> > seeby my ping packets.
> > Is thera way to fix this so I can can geat least 182 second delay? or
> > do I need to look for aolder version of Linux? I arunning Fedora 14
> > with Linux kernel 2.6.35.6-35.fc14.i686
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jacob Edwards
> >

> Thissues is thapsched_tdiff_t is long (32 bits).
> You could try a 64 bikernel if your hardwarallows, then the tdiff would
> b64 bits. Or juschange definition in net/pkt_sched.h from
>
> typedef long psched_tdiff_t;
> typedef s64 psched_tdiff_t;

I havfound thpkt_sched.h on my Fedora machine, which was located in the
usr/include/linux/ directory.
Butheris no

typedef long psched_tdiff_t;

definitioin thcode. Even if I did find that and recoded it, how would I
recompilisince it is built into the kernel?