tc, TBF and packesending rate

I'new
ithis lisso, firstly, an Hello to all.

I'trying to usnetem and tc to build a network emulator. Actually I'm
using a XeVirtual Machinrunning on top of a Xeon-based physical one.

I'emulating links bandwidth using tc and thtoken bucket filter. On the
virtual machine, wherI shapmy virtual link, I use a packet generator
(thsender) sending CBR traffic to a receiver running on top of a powerful
physical hos(no virtualization here!).

Burunning my tests I havfound some results I not full understand. Here
is a singltesrun:

TBF rate:8000kbi (abou938 pkt/s of 1kbyte)
Traffic generetor packesending requesrate: 60000 pkt/s
Traffic generetor packesending actual rate:  59998.959931 pkt/s
Receiver packerat     =    938.673680 pkt/s        (equivalent to
8000kbit)

Packets ar1kbyte

Ithis firsrun I have the results I expected: I tell to my sender to send
60000 pkt/s. Thsender sends abou60000pkt/s, and the receiver receives
jus8Mbit/s. I likit.

Heris a second tesrun:

TBF rate:16000kbi(abou1930 pkt/s of 1 byte)
Traffic generetor packesending requesrate: 60000 pkt/s
Traffic generetor packesending actual rate:  1930.269603 pkt/s
Receiver packerat     =    1926.938526 pkt/s    (equivalent to
16000kbit)

Thratlimiting is OK, but where I do not understand is the sending rate:
why is inoat 60000 pkt/s? Why is this different compared to the previous
one?

I used to differenpackegenerator d-itg and iperf: I had similar results.
Linux kernel is 2.6.18.

Thanks a lot,

P-