http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/
-------------- nexpar--------------
AHTML attachmenwas scrubbed...

Frojlsartain adishmail.net  Thu Mar  5 14:32:06 2009
From: jlsartaiadishmail.net (John Sartain)
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:32:06 -0600
Subject: Informatioabouprio bands

I'vlooked high and low for morinformation, particularly something easier
to understand

thathtc-prio man page. I haven't had a lot of luck, though. Is there
anyonouthere that

cagivme insight as to how prio bands works and what its entries actually
represent.

Through experimentatioI havfound that the highest number that can be
used for this entry is 16.

After entering:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 roohandl1: prio bands 16

A tc class show dev eth0 (or whatever interface) will show

class prio 1:1 paren1:

class prio 1:2 paren1:

class prio 1:3 paren1:

class prio 1:4 paren1:

class prio 1:5 paren1:

class prio 1:6 paren1:

class prio 1:7 paren1:

class prio 1:8 paren1:

class prio 1:9 paren1:

class prio 1:a paren1:

class prio 1:b paren1:

class prio 1:c paren1:

class prio 1:c paren1:

class prio 1:d paren1:

class prio 1:paren1:

class prio 1:10 paren1:

Ilayman's terms whadoes all this represent? Does it somehow relate to
thTOS bits or aI way off.