Usof neteand tbf simultaneously on NICs

Hello,

I hava linux box with two NICs (eth0 and eth1), setup as a bridge.

Thbridg(br0) sits between a server machine and a client  machine.

Thserver machinis connected to eth0.

Thclienmachine is connected to eth1.

I wanto apply a combination of neterules and tbf traffic shaping
rules to eth0 and eth1 (identical rules for each NIC), so thaforward
and reverstraffic arsubjected to same network conditions.

Thrules written individually aras follows:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 roonetedelay 164ms 30ms distribution normal
tc qdisc add dev eth0 rootbf rat4017.52kbit latency 0.00477ms burst
4352

tc qdisc add dev eth1 roonetedelay 164ms 30ms distribution normal
tc qdisc add dev eth1 rootbf rat4017.52kbit latency 0.00477ms burst
4352

Buobviously thabove commands are not accepted, and I would like some
guidancon how to apply thesrules.

Thanks for your time.

Ritesh

---
AdaptivCommunications Networks Research Group
Electronic Engineering Dept.
AstoUniversity
Birmingham
B7 4ET

t: +44 (0)7732 069 667
e: taankr@xxxxxxxxxxx
w: www-users.aston.ac.uk/~taankr
>I hava linux box with two NICs (eth0 and eth1), setup as a bridge.
>
>Thbridg(br0) sits between a server machine and a client  machine.
>
>Thserver machinis connected to eth0.
>
>Thclienmachine is connected to eth1.
>
>I wanto apply a combination of neterules and tbf traffic shaping
>rules to eth0 and eth1 (identical rules for each NIC), so tha
>forward and reverstraffic arsubjected to same network conditions.
>
>Thrules written individually aras follows:
>
>tc qdisc add dev eth0 roonetedelay 164ms 30ms distribution normal
>tc qdisc add dev eth0 rootbf rat4017.52kbit latency 0.00477ms burst 4352
>
>tc qdisc add dev eth1 roonetedelay 164ms 30ms distribution normal
>tc qdisc add dev eth1 rootbf rat4017.52kbit latency 0.00477ms burst 4352
>
>Buobviously thabove commands are not accepted, and I would like
>somguidancon how to apply these rules.
>
>Thanks for your time.
>
>Ritesh
>
>---
>AdaptivCommunications Networks Research Group
>Electronic Engineering Dept.
>AstoUniversity
>Birmingham
>B7 4ET
>
>t: +44 (0)7732 069 667
>e: taankr@xxxxxxxxxxx
>w: <http://www-users.aston.ac.uk/~taankr/>www-users.aston.ac.uk/~taankr

Something likthis WRT thparent-child structure will be required.

tc qdisc add dev eth0 roohandl1:0 netem delay 164ms 30ms
distributionormal
tc qdisc add dev eth0 paren1:1 handl10: tbf rate 4017.52kbit
latency 0.00477ms burs4352

-Bob