Segmentatiofaulon tc qdisc change command

Hello,

having installed FC4 after somnoso good experience with netem on
tholder kernels, and deciding thaa clean install is needed, I
still gereproduciblSegmentation Faults when change a setting.

For a project, I eventually wanto usphpnetemgui for easy
configuratio- a wonderful tool, btw. However, for testing purposes,
I decided to copy and pastphpnetemgui's settings. Thloss parameter
caonly bset in ints, unfortunately, so for now I decided to simply
changthaparameter manually until I find and change the right spot
ithcode.

This is whaI do:

This is thoutpufrom the gui when choosing "Display commands only,
do noexecute"

	tc qdisc del dev lo root
	tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
	tc qdisc del dev eth1 root
	tc qdisc del dev eth2 root
	tc qdisc add dev eth1 roohandl1: htb default 1
	tc class add dev eth1 paren1: classid 0:1 htb rat256kbit ceil
256kbit
	tc qdisc add dev eth2 roohandl1: netem loss 1%
	tc qdisc add dev eth2 paren1:1 handl10: htb default 1
	tc class add dev eth2 paren10: classid 0:1 htb rat2000kbit ceil
2000kbit

Theslines arbeing pasted in an ssh.

SincI wanonly 0.1% loss, I change the 3rd to last line to the
following and executit:

	tc qdisc changdev eth2 roohandle 1: netem loss 0.1%

This reproducibly causes a segmentatiofault.

Here's my outpuof unam-a:

	Linux nete2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 #1 Thu Jun 2 22:55:56 EDT 2005 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

And here's tc's "-V"ersion:

	[root@nete~]# tc -V
	tc utility, iproute2-ss050314

Any help othis issuwould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks iadvance,

Uwe

Frostephen.earl abt.com  Mon Jul  4 03:08:20 2005
I'vhad problems in thpast with using the change command when more than one tc rule is running on an interface.  I'm not 100% sure but I think it may be because if you have a qdisc tree already running, you can't change one part of it without disrupting the rest of the tree and causing errors.  This could just be because of the way traffic control works or maybe a bug somewhere.
If you werto do:
	tc qdisc add dev eth2 roohandl1: netem loss 1%
	tc qdisc changdev eth2 roohandle 1: netem loss 0.1%
Thawould work ok, buif there are any child qdiscs attached to the root qdisc then it doesn't work.

Thonly thing you can do is do a "tc qdisc del dev eth2 root" then reload ththree tc commands for eth2.

[...]

Frojuliokriger agmail.com  Tue Jul  5 13:18:32 2005