NASA Administrator Statement on Neil Armstrong Memorial Service

Aug. 31, 2012

David Weaver
NASA Headquarters
202-358-1600
david.s.weaver@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 12-602

NASA ADMINISTRATOR STATEMENT ON NEIL ARMSTRONG MEMORIAL SERVICE

WASHINGTON -- Today, we pay tribute to a pioneering American; an
explorer, a patriot and an individual who, with 'one small step,'
achieved an impossible dream. Family, friends and colleagues of
Neil's gathered to reflect on his extraordinary life and career, and
offer thanks for the many blessings he shared with us along the way.

His remarkable achievements will be forever remembered, and his grace
and humility will always be admired. As we take the next giant leap
forward in human exploration of our vast universe, we stand on the
shoulders of this brave, reluctant hero. Neil Armstrong's first step
on the moon paved the way for others to be the 'first' to step foot
on another planet. We have an obligation to carry on this uniquely
American legacy.

A grateful nation offers praise and salutes a humble servant who
answered the call and dared to dream.

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx