NASA Administrator Receives Excellence in Public Service Award

June 21, 2012

Lauren B. Worley
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1288
lauren.b.worley@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 12-212

NASA ADMINISTRATOR RECEIVES EXCELLENCE IN PUBLIC SERVICE AWARD

WASHINGTON -- NASA Administrator Charles Bolden was presented the
Excellence in Public Service Award Thursday by former Senator and
astronaut John Glenn on behalf of the John Glenn School of Public
Affairs at The Ohio State University.

"As NASA Administrator, Charlie has charted America's future in space,
leading NASA's strategic efforts to fully utilize the International
Space Station and launch our astronauts beyond low Earth orbit,"
Glenn said. "Throughout his career of public service, he has inspired
a generation of future astronauts, researchers and innovators who are
using what we learn in space to improve life here on Earth."

"I always have believed that service is the rent you pay for your room
here on Earth, so it is an honor for me to accept this award from
Sen. Glenn and the School of Public Affairs," Bolden said. "The John
Glenn School of Public Affairs is the starting point for the young
people here for making the commitment to public service. Nothing is
more important than the path they have chosen."

The Excellence in Public Service Award honors a person who
demonstrates outstanding dedication to public service.

For more information about the John Glenn School of Public Affairs,
visit:

http://glennschool.osu.edu/index.html

For more information about Administrator Bolden, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/about/highlights/bolden_bio.html

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx