NASA Statement on John Glenn Selection for Medal of Freedom

April 27, 2012

David Weaver
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1600
david.s.weaver@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 12-142

NASA STATEMENT ON JOHN GLENN SELECTION FOR MEDAL OF FREEDOM

WASHINGTON -- NASA has released the following statement by
Administrator Charles Bolden about President Obama's announcement
that astronaut John Glenn has been selected as a recipient of the
2012 Presidential Medal of Freedom:

"NASA sends its warmest congratulations to Sen. John Glenn on being
named a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Both of
John's historic missions to space personified America's dreams and
what we believed we could be. Just as President Obama has set us on a
course to explore farther destinations in the solar system, John
Glenn helped this nation forge a path to a brighter future with
greater capabilities. We will build on his achievements to remain the
world's space leader for generations to come."

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx